As technology advances, equipment available for general, restorative and cosmetic dentistry is quickly surpassing our patient’s expectations.
At Elite Dental in Staten Island, we offer the perfect solution to allow our patients the choice to avoid multiple timely appointments!
Offering same day crowns, inlays and onlays; the incredible CEREC computer system and CEREC milling machine is able to evade the awkward wait generally involved for these treatments.
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics and allows us to construct, produce and apply individual ceramic restorations for you same day, carried out the in following way:
• First using the non-invasive optical scanner, we will produce the digital impression.
• After the impression is constructed the image will be sent to the CEREC milling machine and constructed out of a block of ceramic material.
• In about 10-15 minutes the CEREC milling machine will fabricate a restoration and we will securely set the restoration in place and polish it to give it a natural appearance.
What this equipment means to you
Here at Elite Dental, we understand that many of our patients struggle to find the time for dental sessions. Below are the different treatments we can help you achieve in just one day today:
Inlays and onlays
As a popular alternative to traditional fillings and offering natural-looking replacements, ceramic inlays and onlays are able to greatly increase the strength and provide excellent restoration for the tooth.
Inlays differ from onlays because of the amount and area of the tooth it covers – An onlay will only cover the tooth’s tips, where the inlay conceals the tips but also goes further into the tooth.
Understanding the benefits
• Inlays and onlays provide a more durable protection for the tooth, offering longer lasting results and sustaining stability
• The tooth is able to keep most of its usual structure and the weaker areas of the tooth are better secured
• Because the restoration is designed with such advanced technology, your teeth are easy to clean
• The ceramic can be coordinated to perfectly match your natural tooth colouring
How do you know if an inlay or an only is suitable for you?
The main reason why our dentists may suggest an inlay or an onlay is usually where the tooth is damaged, but not damaged quite enough to need a crown. This can include but is not limited to damage that is from cracked, chipped or decayed teeth.
A dental crown offers a complete restoration of the visible part of the tooth. Made up of ceramic materials, the CEREC is able to improve the appearance of the tooth and also provides a strengthened structure.
Understanding the benefits
• It is better for your health as it ceases infection and decay from spreading through the mouth and body
• A crown when replaced in a timely manner is able to avoid extraction and can become a permanent replacement provided proper care of your tooth is maintained
• They have the capacity to repair cracked or damaged teeth
• Offer a natural tooth-coloured replacement
How do you know if a replacement crown is suitable for you?
A crown can be considered similar to an inlay or onlay but it offers more extensive coverage. As the crown replaces the exterior visible part of the tooth, it is more suitable for damage that is beyond the repair of a filling-type procedure. This is because a filling is just a kind of glue to cover the top, but if the damage is extensive, the resin or ceramic needed for a filling, inlay or onlay won’t be able to contain the decay and damage appropriately.
Going to the dentist doesn’t have to be finished in separate appointments. If you want to find out more about Elite Dental located in Staten Island and book an appointment with Dr Steven Acker’s CEREC same-day tooth restoration treatments, contact us today.