What is the Lamberg Sleep Well Appliance?
The Lamberg Sleep Well Appliance is an intraoral appliance worn during sleep and has been proven to be over 95% effective in the alleviation of snoring. There are many appliances available today, but this is the smallest and most comfortable appliance in the world.
The Lamberg Sleep Well Appliance keeps the airway open by holding the jaw and tongue in a comfortable forward position. Additionally, the appliance causes a tightening of the soft tissues and muscles of the upper airway, especially the soft palate. This combination is what stops the snoring. Patients adapt to this very easily and once they get used to it, they won’t sleep without it.
Lamberg Sleep Well Appliance User Guide
The general care of your appliance is the same as an orthodontic retainer that children wear after finishing orthodontic treatment.
- Cleaning Appliance – Keep your appliance clean by brushing it with soap and water or if you prefer, with your toothbrush and toothpaste. Occasionally, once a week, soak it in denture cleaner ( ie Efferdent) using warm water only, not hot water.
- Wearing Appliance – Don’t pop the appliance in and out with your tongue. If a surface feels rough, bring it into the office for polishing. If a tooth feels sore, bring it in to the office for an adjustment. If you experience muscle soreness or joint sensations, bring it into the office for an adjustment.
- Removing Appliance – Remove the appliance by pulling down on the metal loops by your molars slowly.
- Storing Appliance – Place the appliance in a dry plastic case when it is removed from your mouth. Never wrap the appliance in a paper napkin or tissue, as someone may throw it away. Don’t put it in your pocket or you may break or lose it. Avoid keeping it near excessive heat, as this may warp and ruin the retainer. Don’t leave your appliance in the hot car, it may warp. Keep your appliance in an area that in not accessible to family pets.
- Warning – Since more spouses may sleep together, it is possible that the risk of pregnancy may increase. (JOKE)
- Warning – Do not run with the appliance in place.
What is the treatment process like?
After selecting a dentist, he or she will perform an examination and review your health history. It may be necessary for you to have an overnight sleep study done to determine if there is some apnea that accompanies the snoring. If it is determined that you do not have apnea then the dentist will take impressions and make models which will be sent to the laboratory to have the custom appliance fabricated just for you. About a week later you will return to the office and have the appliance delivered to you. Sometimes there are minor adjustments that are necessary to accomplish optimal fit and comfort.